Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Old Spice "I'm On A Horse" Commercial Raging Internet By: Meena Kar


Bet you're all glad I didn't find a Facebook article!!

Since the Superbowl, commercials that aired during the game have continued to make appearances on TV as well as the Internet. The highly popular Old Spice "I'm On A Horse" commercial has been viewed by nearly 6.5 million people since its first airing. I know that in a few of my classes I have watched it on more than one occasion via YouTube, but I can honestly say I have never seen it on TV, not to say that others have not.

Anyways, what this article states is that since this commercial has been viewed by so many people who first saw it during the Superbowl, it has continued to make a big impact on viewers as they talk about it through social networks and such. Kar says that this commercial actually provoked people to go out and buy the product (which is good being that its an advertisement trying to sell something! ) And, the commercial not only targets males, but it is also geared towards its female viewers and consumers since they do have a high percentage of buying the male products [for their loved ones].

I think it's great that Old Spice really got the attention of their audience and actually got many of them to go out and try their product because it shows that ADVERTISEMENTS REALLY DO WORK. This advertisement spread like wild fire all over the Internet and had so many people commenting about it that it brought sales up so much for the product and the brand itself. I guess being outrageous is a good way of gaining a following, and I think Old Spice shows that with their commercial advertisement. Good for them.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/old-spice-im-on-a-horse-commercial-raging-internet_100343745.html

2 comments:

  1. When I first saw this commercial, I thought it was hilarious. But then I thought that other people may not really understand the absurdity and humor in it, but I suppose they did. And that's awesome that in addition to viewers enjoying the commercial, they acted upon it and went out to buy the product. Definitely a high five for Old Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always good to see the magic of advertising. Even if it takes extreme measures to reach the goal of selling a product.

    I must say that I find the model to be a bit disturbing and I can't help but to laugh out loud everytime I see this.

    ReplyDelete